By Maggie LaCoste
Day 4 of the rain. We decided to not let it deter us since we leave here for Languedoc tomorrow. Don’t know if others would do the same, so am sending along some ideas of things to do on a rainy day(many of which I also did today)!
1. Linger at breakfast, enjoying the specialties of the day. At my B&B it was pain epice, a speciality of of our host.
2. Meet new friends. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the Australian guests at my B&B had used my blog to plan their recent bicycling trip on the Loire! We had such fun talking about touring by bike.
3. Go wine tasting at a new vineyard.
4. Take a wine class at Maison du Vin.
5. Learn about the organic grape growing process.
6. Have a cappuccino…or two!
7. Explore Saint-Emilion.
8. Buy an indulgent treat you wouldn’t normally buy.
9. Take lots of photos.
10. Bike anyway.
Saint-Emilion and the surrounding region is so gorgeous that even rain won’t prevent you from having a great time here. The cobblestones in the center can be quite wicked when wet. I hope that the sun returns as there is great concern about damage to the grape crop from the recent rains. Thinking sunny thoughts for tomorrow!
©2013 Experience France by Bike. All rights reserved.